From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:22:36 -0500

>  Kathy said:
>I made a split yesterday, and, of course, I didn't find the queen
>the one I thought had the queen,   is now audibly buzzing.
>I'm guessing that that means it is queenless???? Please help me out here.

Too bad you didn't use an excluder to make the nuc:

Remove combs you want for the nuc...shake all bee back into parent.

Replace removed combs with empty...push remaining brood to the center first.

Place excluder on parent, and empty body on excluder.

Place combs for nuc in center of empty body, and fill with empty comb, and
cover.

Remove nuc next morning, and place on new stand, give laying queen...or cell.

Queen remains in parent, and bees populate nuc the way THEY want.

You could recombine them...it's only been a day. Or you could find the
queen. 60 F really isn't too cold to tear the hive apart.

Mike