From:
Larry Krengel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 19:03:12 -0500
Bill Truesdell wrote:

> You might also check Mark Winston's recent article concerning your work in
> Bee Culture. More grant envy than anything substantive. But that seems to
> be the norm for his articles.

Rather stinging, I think.  Not being the academic entomologist, I am perhaps not
sensitive the the grant competition, but I have found I enjoy Mark Winston's
column largely because it is a change of pace from the how-to articles that
predominate (justly) BC and ABJ.

I suppose it is the same reason I lend my copy of Richard Taylor's Joys of
Beekeeping to the newcomers.  It really does not tell you how to keep bees, but
it does tell you about beekeeping.

Larry Krengel
Marengo, IL