Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 13:26:50 EDT
In a message dated 08/13/1999 6:48:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  figured maybe some sort od cone  >>
I've taken bees from two trees and just used the cone system.  It worked fine
but I found that I had to use a caulking gun to fill in the gaps between the
screen cone and the rough bark. Duct tape and many, many staples might work
too. But, before I figured that out, the bees just easily came and went in a
small gap between bark and screen!  Also, watch out for other entrances.  I
had to completely screen over a small hollow about three feet above the main
entrance.  The tree was quite a sight.  I managed to interest the local paper
into doing a feature on the interesting procedure and got some good PR for
bees and beekeepers and their value, etc, etc.

Good luck

Faith Andrews Bedford