Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 21:46:19 -0600
Organic HONEY should be an absolute. Honey bees inside a netted area could
be forced to only visit flowers inside. Therefore it could be organic honey
if this were the case. However, bees fly for long distances to get the
nectar they make into honey. If someone has tossed a soft drink can and some
drink still remains in the can, the bee will visit this can and carry this
fluid back to the hive.

If for no other reason, this would destroy the "organic" honey. Hunters will
drink and leave cans in the woods. Don't think bees cannot find small
amounts of sugars in small areas.

I think that beekeepers could do as I think the oil companies have done, and
get together and raise the price for local and specialty honeys. Someone
could spread the word that this type of honey is in short supply and bingo,
up, up, up.

Store shelf honey will never fit in the same category. You will always have
imported and artificial honey.

Lionel