From:
The Moderators <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2011 22:45:01 -0400
Normally moderators either return messages with quotes of previous messages
 to sender or simply delete, however we have received several messages that
are timely and relevant enough enough in our opinion to pass on in real time -- after
removing the quotes.

This is one such message.  (Please remember to delete trim quotes of previous
material to meeto our guidelines).
---

Subject:   RE: [BEE-L] Hives full of honey, but no bees
From:   David Adams <[log in to unmask]>

Wow rumors run wild.

I had Hacks bees  for the fall when this all started happening, We had actually
had unexplained losses about 45 days before he started finding his problems in
our outfit.

I took Jerry out to get the first samples of Hacks and there were no Canadians
around ( No Odd hives) all Hack boxes. I know there were know samples of
my hives taken and I don't think any others than Hacks and maybe Paul
Burt's were taken. Getting any help from the USDA was not happening at
that point, and thanks to Jerry, and the army's use for further testing of
equipment,  we got the early stuff and in hive samples.

So as to further put this rumor to sleep  , and I quote David Hackenburg ,
he  had not gotten any bees from Canada that year. I just  got off the
phone with him and he personally relayed that to me, this 5 day of July
the year 2011.
The closest to Canada they got was Maine and Northern New York.

Sorry to dispel the Canada connection, but that's not the "smoking gun"
as Jerry coined on day one to the first reporter to break it.