From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2007 10:31:38 -0400
allen wrote:

>> Factory farmed honey bees?
>I didn't think that article was worth a comment, since there were obvious
>and deliberate untruths

Look, if I thought it would work, I would be the first and foremost
practitioner of "organic" beekeeping. In this area, Upstate NY, I have never
seen a colony survive that wasn't treated in a timely fashion. Even if you
are late with treatment, the chance of survival is drastically reduced.

If there is anybody out there within three hours driving time of my house
(Ithaca, NY) that has colonies that have survived more than two years
without chemicals of any kind, I would like to see them. You can write to me
off list.

I will photograph the hives and write an article about them for the bee
journal, and eat my hat.

pb