From:
Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 05:26:39 EDT
    Just over a month ago I installed a nucleus of Italian crosses, with a
distinctive golden stripe on the abdomen. I soon found them being robbed by
black bees, and closed up the entrance. After a week or so I opened it again.
A few days ago I was inspecting the broodchamber, when I noticed a few black
bees inside. I assumed these to be robbers and closed up the entrance again.
However, since then I have seen black bees bringing in pollen and fanning.
This does not seem like robbing so what is going on? Could this be a case of
a queen having mated with drones of different races, and producing different
coloured offspring?

Regards,

Robert Brenchley