From:
Ian Steppler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 17:34:18 -0500
Vuisited my chem/fert dealer today.
Found out that the price of Nitrogen has almost doubled in price from 320
$canadian/tonne in November to 600$canadiac/tonne priced tommorrow.

Reason being,?

Big acres of corn taking alot of crops out of rotation, needing more N in
US.  Compounded with ofshore fertilizer companies mainly in Russia,
holding back fertilizer for domestic usage.

We are starting to see large crop producing countries invest into the
production of thier land, by finally providing farmers with credit to buy
the inputs.
This will mean big crops grown world wide in the near future,

I imagine honey production will follow suit,

* Full guidelines for BEE-L posting are at:                                       *
* http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm                               *