From:
Keith Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:49:35 -0800
Hi Dick,

>  "Natural nutrition" caught my eye. I presume that to mean no substitute
pollen patties. How do you do that?
Collect and freeze pollen? Feed it back?

To me natural nutrition means no feeding at all. To some it means no feeding
artificial. I feel if a person feeds they are enabling non-acclimated
strains of bees and making them dependent on a keeper and his/her methods of
feeding. If bees are acclimatized to a region/location their will be plenty
of honey and pollen in the hive to start brooding on time in the spring. If
there is not then nature will eliminate the bad genetics, or you as a
beekeeper can requeen with a more acclimated strain with a queen reared from
your own apiary.

>  I've been reading this and other lists for years.(Only just started
talking) I have never in 5 years had a harsh chemical in my hives. Last year
I began with O/A.  I have followed your opinions and usually like them. I
think today though you are throwing the baby out with the bath water. I
actually felt the same as you once. I faulted this list for being skeptical
of FGMO. After 3 years I am now skeptical also. I wish I had listened. I
passed out a lot of small cell this (and last) year. Usually the bees
(Packages) drew out drone comb. I'll keep at it. I'm becoming skeptical.

I am not skeptical on using a natural cell size, I now use a combination of
frames that use no foundation, starter strips or full sheets of SCF. I am
highly skeptical about using these neurotoxins in the hive and other
absolutely foreign substances in the hive in a very unnatural fashion. I
will stand by my statements I made to Bee-L but will not argue my stance on
Bee-L.  Even though I may get some positive feed back others will continue
to discredit me with their own personal opinions and then the conversation
merely degrades. I could not help myself when someone makes a dumb statement
like "their bees all died" or "all their bees died" When this is simply not
the case.

 . ..   Keith Malone, Chugiak, Alaska USA, http://www.cer.org/,
c(((([ , Apiarian, http://takeoff.to/alaskahoney/,