From:
James Kilty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 09:40:36 +0100
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Marc Sevigny
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Jennings was a registered beekeeper with three hives, said Ira Kettle, state
>bee inspector.
>
>''I can't understand it, what went wrong,'' he said.
I wonder if many cases like this are due to scents in after shave or
hair spray or eau de Cologne or whatever. I wore a Body Shop eau de C
and was repeatedly attacked among a group of beekeepers who were left
alone. It only happens when I used that product which I now reserve for
occasions when I have 2 clear days to wash it off. On another occasion,
a friend working with me opening otherwise docile colonies was attacked,
retired in her car and 100 yards away was mercilessly attacked by nearby
bees (no followers). On reflection, she had just been to have a perm and
usually washed her hair afterwards.
--
James Kilty