From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2016 15:42:42 -0700
Very astute observation, Juanse : )
I also feel that that paper was very important for our understanding of
potential traits for mite resistance.

We have an expression in English: "There is more than one way to skin a
cat."  Ditto for evolution.  And for beekeepers to solve problems.

It's come to my attention that the depth of biological discussion of late
may be scaring off lurkers.  If so, I apologize.  But I also feel that if
one does not have a strong grounding in a topic of discussion, than perhaps
when he posts he could refrain from calling others wrong in strong terms.
That will likely result in getting one a strong response.

Better to ask questions politely, rather than telling others that they
don't know what they're talking about.

Some of us have deeply researched, either academically, practically (or
both), the coevolution of bees and varroa.  Some recent findings are giving
us a new perspective.  I will be elaborating on this issue at great length
in my series being published in ABJ, and then posted to my website.

It just so happens that this thread began at the same time, but there's not
enough room here to elaborate on what I'm writing about.  Perhaps we can
revisit this discussion as each article gets published?
--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA