Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:27:14 -0500
I have recieved several e-mails with various comments and opinions
on my recent queen introduction posting, which leads me to a
question-
What happens in the queen right hive when a new queen is
introduced using my suggested or any other bee merger methods?
-do the two queens fight for control themselves?
-or do the workers in the queenright colony fight and maby kill her
before she has a chance to fight the other queen because of her
stranger type presence?
          -if so then the chances of the new queen taking over is very slim.
Also how badly do the merging bees battle before uniting?  Does it
matter if the merging colony (with the new queen) is weaker than the
other queen right colony.  Does that determine the success on the
new queens takeover of the queen right hive?
I have had opinions given on both sides and I'm just wondering what
causes such varied opinion.
I have previously requeened by killing the old queen and intoducing
the new queen via candy cage.  I has worked great but very time
consuming.  Queen introduction without looking for the old one
interests me.
hope to hear from someone

Ian