From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 2015 07:45:50 -0600
Casually the price seems a bit low and not that much different from the price of imported honey?  Does this price comparison seem reasonable.

E.T.

This is a packer report,  the one line on their about canola in OK  was a key for me.  That was my honey. (OK is not a huge honey state) What I can tell you was that was honey that was produced in April,  but not sold until November ( they were not buying)   But can assure you that the numbers and type and color are correct as REPORTED to the packer, by beekeepers  but  may be a a lot later than you would suspect or actually mixtures.

Most of the summer packers were not even buying, and that’s from many sources.  I understand that upper east coast stayed high all summer and several small packers paid much better prices for northeast honey.

Charles