From:
mark berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 12:22:56 -0800
Dennis,
  I am employeed seasonally as an Apiary Inspector in New York State. What can I do to prepare myself for AHb? Is it possible, in your opinion, for Africanized traits ,such as stinging behavior, to be present and express themselves in bees who when tested with the FABIS testshow results that read European .999, Non-European .001? Do you have any faith in laboratory tests such as FABIS or mtDNA? Or are they necessary? Will we know them when we see them? And therefore, no testing is needed? I would like to here your opinion, as well as others. This discussion has been going on, on numerous lists, lately and needs to continue so that we are all prepared.

  Mark Berninghausen

"D. Murrell" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
    Hi Guys,
Beekeepers who understand the problem [of Africanized bees], can be the first line of defense for the general public. These beekeepers could be seen as protecting public safety.

But those who minimize, deny or negate the problem aren't doing beekeepers any favors.

  Regards
Dennis

Yahoo! Photos