From:
Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:56:08 EDT
    Hi All.

    I've never used landing boards, and don't feel the need. I suspect they
may be something for the beekeeper rather than the bees. I do have blue and
great tits feeding on bees constantly in the season. I've often watched them,
and have yet to see them attempting to take bees from the hive entrances;
they always seem to take them from the ground in front of the hives. As far
as I'm concerned they're welcome to that much.

    Wedmore lists tits as a common 'enemy of bees', and if I used landing
boards, I'm sure they would be taking healthy bees rather than just culling
the weak.

Regards,

Robert Brenchley
Birmingham UK