From:
David Gaida <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 16:21:41 -0400
I hope someday to have information to offer instead of always asking
questions.  I am so impressed with the knowledge on Bee-L, I can't seem to
stop telling people about it.  Even got a few old timers to decide they
need to get into this "computer thing".

I am preparing a presentation for our next beekeepers' meeting.  The topic
will be "Queens", the different breeds, i.e. Buckfast, Italian, Carniolian,
Midnite, etc., their good points, weak points, etc.  I would like the
handout to include as much information about each that I can find.  Talking
at the meeting is always a good starting point, gets the juices flowing,
then, I believe, the handout should take that talk to a greater level.  I
will ask the members to come prepared to defend their choices.  But it is
always good to have some facts and literature to help the fence walkers
make up their mind.

If you are aware of any information like what I have in mind, please let me
know.  Or if you are a queen breeder, send me some of your info.   It is
amazing where the handouts end up.

If any of you have ever worked with Hubert "Honey Bee" Martin, he is 96
years young and a very active member of our club.  He says he has worked
all over the U.S.

Thanks again for your time.

Judy
Kentucky, USA