Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2018 12:10:11 -0400
I went down into the archives, thinking that if blue honey was seen in the 1800s then it's more likely to be from a natural source rather than industrial dye. Sure enough

Blue honey has been found about here. A man
named Kersey, who Is a noted bee-hunter, and gen
erally kept a few swarms In the old way, told me
that he once found some swarms on tho Mississippi
bottoms in autumn that had honey of a bright blue
color. He could not tell from what plants the honey
was gathered. The honey season hero has been ex-
cellent, but the past spring was very bad.

Joel A. Barber.
Lancaster, Wis.,
Aug, 3, 1882.
Gleanings in Bee Culture

Well, did you ever see blue honey? My bees
gathered blue honey, I think honey-dew, off the
green leaves. 1 saw the bees licking sweet dew in
the morning on chestnut leaves. They all quit the
buckwheat and went to licking the leaves.

Seth Nelson.
Wistar, Clinton Co., Pa.
Sept. 8, 1889.
Gleanings in Bee Culture