From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:11:49 -0800
I'm a big fan of plastic foundation.  I prefer the entire frame to be plastic, not just a plastic sheet to fit into a wood frame.

  My bees greatly prefer the permadent.  I've tried the others and my bees like that stuff from South Dakota!  My UPS man wonders why those cases are so heavy!

  I've not had any problem with the bees getting permadent drawn out, especially if I can fit the frames between a couple of brood frames.  But this is not a good answer if you're trying to get a whole super of fresh plastic foundation drawn.

  I've heard of people spraying the plastic foundation with sugar syrup.  But everytime I did it the syrup just beaded up and rolled off the foundation.

  I never did question how they got the syrup to stick.

  I've resurrected a great deal of pierco from my farm in Minnesota.  Up there, I had no problems with unwaxed pierco.  Now in Missouri, I'm looking to scrap those old frames and rewax them.

  Thanks all for your tips.

  Grant
  Jackson, MO