Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 20:53:20 EDT
Hello all:
I already answered this question a week ago, but something occurred this
weekend that really adds a "cherry to the cake".

My sons were selling my honey at "my high prices as usual" in a small farming
community fair in Maryland, and they hold an auction at the end of the day.
I had attended myself for a few hours, showing my observation hives, talking
about the mites, and telling all the importance of honey bee pollination to
our human food supply; and I came home. My sons donated two 5 Pound jars of
honey, one clover and one goldenrod, to the Fair auction, and stayed there to
watch the auction.  The
auctioneer held up the 5 pound jar of clover honey, and told the crowd that
this was
not Chinese honey, but MARYLAND honey, collected by Master Beekeeper George
Imirie's bees, and is just another part of George's AWARD WINNING honey.  It
sold
for an even $100.  The 5 pound jar of Goldenrod Honey was not put up for
auction until a half hour later, and then the auctioneer said he already had
an offer of $100, so the opening bid would have to be higher, and he
mentioned that Goldenrod honey had a fine taste, but it tended to crystallize
quickly.  That jar fetched $150; and both jars were bought by two people that
I do not know.  My sons talked to them and asked why they paid that much, and
both replied to "help the fair finances, and to buy something of truly
REPUTABLE QUALITY ".  When my sons told me, I felt pretty
humble, but pleased.

YOU can do the same thing!  IGNORE the grocery store prices, and ignore other
bee-
keeper prices, and sell QUALITY; but above all - SELL YOURSELF and SELL YOUR
KNOWLEDGE OF apis mellifera, and after doing that, customers will come TO
YOU, and you don't have to go too far to customers.

I hope I have made you think, and therefore helped.
George Imirie