From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:57:53 -0700
> >We don't need to further the myth that systemics are the number #1 cause
>> of
>> death in honeybees.
>>

> >I never said the above and as far as I know the statement has never been
> made on BEE-L.

Bob, this hypothesis (I hesitate to use the word "myth") has been widely
touted, and well fed into by your contributions, even if you have carefully
not made that specific statement.  I find it disingenuous for you to back
off at this point.

However, I am glad to see you publicly denounce the hypothesis.  I have also
witnessed several other prominent supporters of the neonic hypothesis
publicly back off, although there is one who just can't seem to keep himself
from returning to it when being interviewed by the press!

Bob, now that you have renounced that neonics (among other possible causes
that you have promoted) are the cause of CCD, I'm sure that the List is
keenly interested in what your current hypothesis is.

I'm fresh back from showing some visiting Australians my test yard where we
created CCD-like collapses under controlled conditions.  We were able to
photograph colonies in all stages of collapse.  One even with unshrivelled
eggs in the cells, and the last bees freshly dead on the bottom board.  They
were extremely impressed, as I have the hives marked, and can walk right to
a colony to demonstrate collapse at any stage.

In this particular yard, as I believe I have posted previously, we can rule
out varroa, nutrition, ag chemicals (including neonics), diesel fumes, and
synthetic miticide buildup.  However, I do often use my cell phone in the
yard.

Randy Oliver