From:
Doug Ladd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2015 18:21:59 -0500
Thanks for the comments, they were actually nice in tone, whilst I was
expecting the opposite as my tone was intentionally negative...

I myself truly do understand expanding ones education on a subject for
whatever means. I am glad the UM course is excellent, as we need practical
courses and if I had the time I would enjoy it. I have always said if I
chose to go back to school it would be in some form of science...

Personally for me I see the fact that society has dictated what makes a
"man" is a degree and not merit as shameful, yet I know it to be true. I do
applaud the scientific community for having the opportunity to evaluate
ones work openly , which is different compared to many fields like mine in
power systems engineering on the utility side... when hiring a new engineer
all one has to go on is a degree and how they presented in the interview
and maybe a resume most don't confirm...

I have worked with several excellent masters and doctorate engineers and
have worked with more that I wouldn't want driving my tractor on my farm...

So I guess my comments are biased but I have a hopeful heart that these
programs do more than simply what I can do through a few years of
beekeeping and reading books, they should build and develop bee
scientist... I guess that's my point and it sounds like there are some that
do that... maybe some of this grant money needs to be going there instead
of a Flow Hive... yes I said Flow Hive...

Thanks for the responses!