From:
William Morong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 04:55:51 -0400
In answer to Fr. Athanasios' question, I cannot say what would make good
bee forage in central Wisconsin, but can affirm that sweet white clover is
excellent bee forage here in central Maine.  I got my seed from Kelley's.
It grew taller than a man, and bees love it.  It blooms from June until
frost.  It is biennial, blooming the second year.  It reseeds itself to
some extent, but really ought to be replanted.  A friend of a fellow
beekeeper in this area has several acres of mint, which also yields copious
honey of unspeakably wonderful quality, but which does not taste of mint.
Mint is perennial, and some consider it a difficult to banish weed.

Bill Morong