From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Aug 2009 12:04:37 -0400
> I always prefer the dark meat.

Yeah, me too. This region, from Massachusetts to Illinois, used to be
called the white clover/buckwheat belt but there isn't much of either left
around here.

However we have that close relative of buckwheat, Japanese Knotweed. The
honey is similar though not nearly as strong. I suspect very few people
have had pure buckwheat though. It usually is blended by packers to
stretch and tone down the intensity.

Knotweed, on the other hand, is good pure. Or mixed, as it often is, with
golderod. I am hoping that this summer's damp cool weather won't wreck the
knotweed crop. The plants don't look as big to me, but who knows? Some
plants actually yield better under stress.

Anyway, here's to an end to all the rain and some hot weather in August
and September!

--
Peter L Borst
Cohen Lab