From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Dec 2005 06:30:18 -0800
Alabama currently has two inspectors, one for the
north part of the state and the other for the southern
part.  According to the head honcho the state is going
to hire two more this year, to facilitate the
anticipated load of inspecting all colonies going out
of state for pollination and for the inspection of
those same colonies upon their return.  Each colony
will have to have its queen marked and shown to the
inspector and that same queen is supposed to be in the
hive upon the hive's return into the state.  Hey guys,
how fast can you find your queens?  I think I have a
solution for a quick confirmation of the queen but
nobody's asked me for my opinion yet.  Think I might
just wait and see.  What would all of you guys out
there suggest as a quick inspection sollution when the
queen has to be observed?

Oh yes, how have the two inspectors done in the past.
They try to inspect all the registered hives in the
state and any they might come across in their travels.
 I think if they are not allowed to inspect that they
have the right to get local autorities and confiscate
the hives.  I'm not really sure on this part but that
is the impression I got.

Mike in lower Alabama