From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 09:37:18 -0500
In a message Stan Sandler sent to Bee-L, Mark Winston is quoted as saying "I
donšt happen to share the deep distrust expressed by many on the
environmental left about industry-generated data, but I do share the
opinion that such information should be publicly accessible when it
relates to human and environmental health."

These few words reflect my views, and I am envious that I have been unable
to formulate the expression as well as Mark.  When all the dust is settled,
many years from now, my guess is that today's fuss and bother will look
reasonably silly.  Nonetheless, the ag. firms, all of us, and many others
would be better off if those with detailed information concerning GM crops
were freely releasing it to the public...and their critics.

I know the response, it is approximately "If we gave them (the environmental
left) this data, it would only be misconstrued and misquoted and would end
up biting us in the ass."  Sadly, this is probably correct and is an
indictment of those with "the cause".  Nonetheless, secrecy adds to paranoia
and, IMHO, is not appropriate in these instances.

Lloyd
Mailto:[log in to unmask]
Lloyd Spear Owner, Ross Rounds, Inc.  The finest in comb honey production.
Visit our web site at http://www.rossrounds.com.