From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 09:17:24 -0600
>> Good genetics was the big hope, but it turns out that the mite tolerant
>> strains do not measure -- yet -- up for many jobs, since they lack some
>> of the qualities necessary for profitability in some important commercial
>> applications.

> C'mon Allen, you're generalizing a bit here.  I've got mite-tolerant bees

Didn't you just tell me that you treat?  Or am I getting forgetful?

> What qualities do you feel that they are lacking?

Well, I don't personally know, but this is the buzz in commercial circles.
These guys try every stock under the sun and decide what they like.

For example, though, the Russian stock failed to make a huge hit due to slow
build-up for almonds, and muted response to simulative feeding.

I am just repeating what I have heard.  I am sure Bob will have more to say
on this.