From:
Almer's Apiary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:36:06 -0500
Trevor wrote:

>Here in Australia I believe it depends on the variety of soy bean.

Based on my observation ONLY, nothing scientific:
Alabama farmers plant two "crop length" soy beans.  One is a short season
crop that is commonly used as a "double crop" following winter wheat.
Before GM it had a white flower from which I have rarely if ever had surplus
honey.  The other is a long season crop that is planted in the spring about
the same time as cotton.   Before GM it had a blue / purple or some similar
shade flower and I do get surplus honey from it.

I include the reference to Gm because as this plant is altered who knows
what changes might take place such that flower color may not be a possible
guide assuming that it is now.

Bob Fanning
North Alabama USA