From:
Gavin Ramsay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:33:30 +0000
What?!?  Where d
> I was hoping Gavin Ramsay might shed light on this?

What?!?  Where did that come from?  OK then, I can avow that transgenerational inheritance works.  My daughter shares the same red hair as my brother and grandfather and his father (I recently discovered) ... and bees do seem to 'know' things that make me marvel at how they interact with their world.

I could dive into the literature and see what I could find on Drosophila to pretend that my expertise went that far (and it would be interesting, I'm sure) but time is distinctly short at the moment.  I even dumped a whole set of Bee-L posts there from my inbox, guiltily, as I can't cope right now.  You see, we are in a bit of an EFB mess here in E Scotland.  We don't even know yet quite how far that mess has gone.  Several large (for us) operations badly affected over a large area, thinking it was parasitic mite syndrome due to the failing efficacy of their favourite treatments (that's an old story), and we haven't a clue how much is in the amateur sector.

I'll post the piece by the journalist just off the phone if she puts it out tomorrow.  Otherwise Google for the Scottish Beekeepers Association.

Gavin