Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 07:13:12 -0400
My first bees has AFB and I burned them. Have not had it since (some 18
years) and no antibiotics.

The problem, with not burning may not be to your own bees, treated with
antibiotics, but with bees that come from away and pick up spores and take
them to another apiary, where no treatments are used.

That happened to a friend of mine who partnered with another beekeeper
pollinating blueberries. Came in clean and left with AFB.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine