From:
Huguet - Sumner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:08:01 -0400
Hi Bee Group,

I started keeping bees about four years ago but still have so many questions. My most recent question is this: All five of my hives are in my back yard (about 20 ft. apart) and as I was putting the Apistan in last weekend, I discovered one of my hives was queenless. I combined it with a NUC that had a good queen. I left an empty NUC box so the older bees that were out foraging had a place to come home to. Is there any way to save these foraging bees without starting another hive? Is there a way to combine them with one of my other hives so that they would not fly back to there old hive location?

    Thanks, Sandy Sumner
                North Bennington, VT.