From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jul 2011 12:18:16 -0700
>Would YOU eat the 'honey' from such a hive

If one takes the time to carefully read the treatment and feeding schedule,
one would note that it is specifically designed to avoid contamination of
the honey crop.

Of interest is that the paper took the risk of documenting that mite control
in the world's largest bee operation is mainly based upon a miticide that is
not approved for use in the U.S.!

What I also find of great interest is that there were only two significant
miticide treatments given over the course of a year, which implies to me
that the operation operates with mite levels higher than I would consider to
be "safe" for much of the year.

Randy Oliver