Date:
Fri, 21 May 2010 11:38:57 -0700
>If you are building comb for honey production you DO NOT want
> to feed the bees syrup of any kind.  If you do, you will in
> all probability be adulterating your honey with artificial
> sweetners (sugar).  The suggestions I've heard is to stop
> feeding about a week before putting on supers for honey
> collection.

I often hear club leaders advise beginners to feed, feed, feed their bees until they won't take anymore. But don't the bees sometimes move stores upstairs to clear space in the broodnest? So if you feed syrup to the point of making them honey-bound, then throw on a super, do you not stand a good chance of adulterating your honey?

Eugene Makovec
Kirkwood, MO USA