From:
Rett Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 11:12:03 -0600
I am a first year beekeeper and have benefited immensely from this list.
I would like to thank all of you who have responded to my previous
questions.

My package bees were placed in new equipment on foundation and are doing
fine.  I think that I'll end up with one deep off of each of my two
hives.  So I am feeling quite lucky.  However as the summer season
begins to close I have a couple of questions for you seasoned "keepers"

1)  How do I know when it is the best time to remove the honey from the
hives?   Is there any way to tell that the season is over, or is it best
to just ask some local person who is more experienced?

2)  I bought a used 4 frame extractor, but it seems very large and I
fear that with my small amount of honey, the bulk of it will end up
stuck on the side of the extractor.  Any comments?

Rett Thorpe
Salt Lake City,  Utah