From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 07:40:42 -0700
"Lehr, Carl" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  This spring, we got 3 Buckfast packages from the Weavers. ......   However, they have become so hot that they are now "untouchable" and I mean, untouchable in full beekeeping coveralls wearing a Sheriff's bee veil and leather gloves.

Dave and Kristi Lehr
Westminster, Maryland

Just checked the location of Weaver's location, north-northwest of Houston.  I would make a wild guess and say that you have indeed gotton some queens that are highly Africanized.  First, I would write, or e-mail, the Weaver company from whom you got your queens and explain the situation.  First, they might rectify the queen situation by sending you new queens.  Seondly, they need to have feedback of this sort so that they know that they are having problems with their queen mating process.  If they get enough feedback from their customers concerning this problem, they know that they are going to have to change their queen mating procedures.

On a sidenote, have any other customers of Weaver queens found their new queens to produce highly volitile hives?  Do note that there are two Weaver companies producing queens and there needs to be a clarification concerning which company, or both, which are involved with the production of these very hot bees.

Mike in LA