From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:32:30 -0600
>>> ...You buy tickets well in advance and travel a long distance to go
to the show without knowing much about what the performance will be
like...  Also like a Grateful Dead concert, some folks go simply because
EAS is THE event of the year, and to not go is to miss out on the social
aspects of the meeting<<<

Well, maybe -- but, for those who are wondering -- I've given up and
decided not to pre-register.  I'll be in the area at that time, and may
attempt to drop in on the meeting, especially if I can find out more
about the program before then.  I guess I'm disappointed, since I had
planned to attend, and had planned my schedule around the event, but I'm
getting very mixed reviews on EAS, and the material available does not
really allow me to decide for myself.

attended the Niagara Falls meeting, the AHPA meeting, and the ABF
meeting this year, as well as some other, more minor meetings.  For me,
and many others, a detailed advance program is a minimum requirement,
and all other events listed here were able to provide one.  Sure, there
are always changes, and sometimes major ones, due to life events beyond
anyone's control, but that is understood.    As it happens, I have heard
a number of the featured speakers at least once, and some three or four
times.  I'd like to know when, where and what they will be presenting.

Maybe this is THE event of the year (I really doubt it) but there is a
good chance I'll never find out. At any rate, I'm headed east this
summer, as far as Rhode Island, Maine and PEI, and a number of people
have written, saying to be sure to drop by.  If you're along that route
and would like to see us as we pass through, just drop me a line.

allen
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/
If you don't put your supers on early, you'll have no clue what your
bees could have accomplished.