From:
Bob & Char Hack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:12:06 -0800
Aaron, I fail to see where the effects of a 1 second puff of Glade across the top bars equates in any 'significant' way to actually putting a pine air freshener or some other equivalent into the hive it's self to stay for whatever period of time. I do not use Apistan or Checkmite, but on the other hand I am not one to go to the other extreme either. I like to keep a reasonable balance in all things I do in my life, including my bees.

Thanks everyone for your help, Bob

   SC Johnson was once sued by the makers of the pine tree shaped air fresheners that hang from rear view mirrors in automobiles.  Perhaps those pine tree fresheners offer better results in uniting a nuc to requeen a colony?

  Aaron Morris - wondering what we'll stick in our hives next.