From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 06:53:38 -0600
Reply:
If you could plant a chip or chips for tracking hives,
where would you place one?

Most likely the box or the pallet.

 I do stamp frames ( some are branded) to protect from theft as well as
brand boxes,lids and pallets.

Jerry B. is the person to respond but I have heard many of his
presentations.

What he uses is not a microchip but a ID similar to what scanners in stores
use. Small and can be used in most situations.

I expect one day they will be in boxes and perhaps frames.

Brands work best for us as equipment gets mixed when several beekeepers do
pollination in the same orchard and fairly easy to see (except at night).
Painting all hives of yours a color different than white helps the most.
Pastel colors of green & blue are common.

Bob