From:
Jorn Johanesson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jorn Johanesson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 22:11:29 +0100
Dear friennds

Since I started the programming of my software back in 1972, I have been
thinking of a way to collect data in the beeyard, and then in an easy way
getting those data into the computer for futher processing.
What have kept me away from this aproach have been the cost. But now the
littel handheld computer has got a reasonabel price and the little PALM V, I
am writing on now cost here in Denmark around $300.

So now back to write on the computer :-)

I have investigated in software to create a handheld software for
beekeeping, and I came to, that what was convenient was Satellite forms,
because it is using a Dbase V database, and the forms can be designed to
match my bidata software.It also shows that this hanheld can be used by Mac
Users and that the handheld software therefore can be used by those people
owing this kind of PC. The only drawback is, that it cost Money, A lot of
Money, so I will not investigate further unless there is an interest in this
approach: Using a handheld computer to make notes and judgments in the bee
yard and then transferring the data to the PC, for further processing. So
Your comments Please.

About taking notes I still have the feeling that you are doing much to much
Paperwork, and I still feel that the Bidata and its data file is doing what
is needed for processing  relevant data of both queen breeder and normal
beekeeper interest. If that is not the fact then please tell me what you
need. I am programming for the beekeepers, not for me myself, and I want to
have my software doing what is needed.

EDbi now has a new CD,Including the litle writing offered shown and given
out on Apimondia 99, about Nordic Beekeeping, Why not get this CD that
contains a lot of beekeeping stuff.

best regards

Jorn Johanesson

EDBi = multilingual Beekeeping software since 1987
http://apimo.dk (USA)
http://home4.inet.tele.dk/apimo (Denmark)
Multilingual Beekeeping software since 1972

http://apimo.dk