From:
João Campos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:40:15 -0500
Bob Harrison:
> The procedure is similar to a two queen
> system which I have written about before on BEE-L.

Bob, I searched the archives and found out that you have done many
experiments on two-queen hives (TQH). I've never paid much attention to
that technique, until recently, when I read in Free's book (Pheromones...)
that swarming is less likely to happen in TQHs.

As you know, swarming is of great concern for us - AHBkeepers, and I've
been pondering about give TQH a try. I could find several papers on that,
but no clear statements about swarming. Of course, our conditions are very
different, but have you ever noted a reduced swarming tendency in TQHs?

Joćo Campos