From:
Dick Marron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:34:37 -0500
>  Here is a web site about HFCS. I have verified some of the

>information as fact but not all. Decide for yourself. Worth a visit.

>http://www.westonaprice.org/motherlinda/cornsyrup.html

Bob,Randy, Anyone reading,

To say that Sucrose contains Glucose and Fructose is like saying a tree
contains 2X4s. They are all sugars as Randy noted. (Sucrose to those other
sugars is what the bees do) You can make alcohol from sucrose but it would
be wrong to say that Sucrose contains alcohol. This makes the next statement
suspect. (You warned us Bob)

"Sucrose is composed of glucose and fructose. When sugar is given to rats in
high amounts, the rats develop multiple health problems, especially when the
rats were deficient in certain nutrients, such as copper. The researchers
wanted to know whether it was the fructose or the glucose moiety that was
causing the problems.."

I was a kittle sorry to start doubting because I was struck by another item.

"Unlike alpha-amylase, glucoamylase is produced by Aspergillus, a fungus, in
a fermentation vat where one would likely see little balls of Aspergillus
floating on the top."

One of the Aspergillis is responsible for Stone brood. Dennis van Englesdorp
is looking at Aspergillis (perhaps another strain/mutation) as a cause of
CCD

Small world isn't it?

Dick Marron