From:
Paul Cherubini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2010 02:32:04 -0700
Brian Ames wrote:

> Paul I'm curious have you ever kept one hive of bees as a
> hobby and seen the issues we face keeping them alive in
> one year? Just wondering....

No, but if you disagree with my statement that ants are social
insects that are abundant in almond orchards despite being more
directly and continually exposed to agro-chemicals
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/4ALC/almda.jpg
than are honeybees then please explain why I might be off base.

My subtle point is that just because some academics find a cocktail of
barely detectable pesticide residues exists in pollen it doesn't necessarily
follow these "poisons" are having any significant adverse affect on the
survival and reproduction of the bees.

Similarly, some academics, based on forced exposure experiments,
claim Roundup herbicide is "extremely lethal" to amphibians:
http://www.chronicle.pitt.edu/?p=660 yet many 12 year old farm kids
in Minnesota could show the academics that leopard frogs are actually
abundant in and around Roundup Ready corn and soybean fields.

Paul Cherubini
El Dorado, Calif.