Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:37:43 -0600
I agree with George Biles (S/E PA) (that means Silly/Entomolgist Public
Annoyance doesn't it?  :) that it would be more helpful if contributors to
the list would let us know where they are located, as many do.  It helps to
understand the context they are speaking from.  I also personally would like
to have people indentify themselves by name rather than by initials or a
handle, at least once in a while, because their name is not always in their
email address.  For example, I don't know who AL is, although I like his posts.
His name may be Al, Albert, Absalom Lorenzo, or who knows what.  Maybe some
people feel more comfortable if we don't know who they are.  They'd rather
remain anonymous.  I guess it's their right.  I prefer reading a name and
knowing where they're from.  I kind of like the fact that we don't have to
explain what our background or experience in beekeeping is because then our
contributions can be judged on their content rather than a degree or title or
a label.  They can stand on their own merits and the readers can determine for
themselves based on their own personal experience how worthwhile the contri-
bution is.  Someone with limited experience but a fresh way of looking at
things might have valuable and important contributions to make that might
otherwise be disregarded due to prejudice.  I would like to express my
heartfelt appreciation to all those who share their wisdom and experience about
bees and beekeeping and help all of us learn and become more successful at
beekeeping.  Thanks.

Layne Westover, College Station, Texas, U.S.A. (a small college town in south
central Texas in post oak savannah--not a good place to produce honey, but a
good place to produce queens--good pollen flow/light nectar flow)