From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 22:50:21 -0400
allen dick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>You probably know this, but a typical, fairly cheap (>$200) mini camera
will
>take pretty decent macro video these days - with sound.

Hello Allen!

We looked at many of the smaller cameras, although many of the these
cameras had most features suited for my purpose, I had difficulty finding
a cheaper camera with all the features I thought were essential.

I felt I needed at least 6 megapixels
SLR (single lens reflex) With SLR, the same lens is used for viewing and
taking pictures, and is essential for close up photography for correctly
centering the object in the picture field.

AVI (Audio Video Interleave) can be played on Media player

So I bought the Fuji S9100
9 megapixel, wide 10.7x optical zoom, AVI, with a macro focus range 1-
100cm

I looked at the camera you mention (canon SD600), it is a excellent
camera.  But I was concerned that because it was not an SLR, when in macro
mode for extreme close-ups, this potentially can cause the photo lens to
be recording an area other than what you are looking at thru the view
finder lens.  But it is a great camera, and I would have bought it had it
been an SLR.  The fuji S9100 is rather bulky, but had the features I
needed.

>Other uses?  Well, I take pictures of newspaper articles, pages in books,
my
>computer screen (error messages, airline reservations, to-do lists),

Do I detect a 'bee photography article' in the works?  :)

Best Wishes,

Joe Waggle
Derry, PA
“Bees Gone Wild Apiaries”