From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:37:12 -0500
> Hard to realize, but in two weeks we will be opening every hive to add
> protein patties and medication.

Already there in these parts, although the season is way ahead of normal
this year.

Regarding protein patties and medication, I recall your recipe, but
specifically regarding the medications, do you mix mediciations in the the
patties or medicate separately?  I have colonies that are on their second
patty (will stop after this as fresh pollen is coming in on the warm days).
But I've been wondering if I might have missed an opportunity to feed and
medicate in a single vehicle by mixing the medications in with the pollen
patties.  My spring regimen is a gallon of Fumidil-B medicated syrup (as
recommended by Diana Sammataro in her latest book) and a spring dusting of
TM according to label instructions.  Label issues aside, I wonder if these
medications could be incorporated into a pollen (protein) patty.
Comments/Opinions/Facts?

Aaron Morris - thinking thoughts of spring!