From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2007 09:22:30 -0600
> I would like to use a researchers name right now but all posts using her
> name are rejected.

I'm not a current moderator, but I was -- and in the interest of truth and
fairness -- can say right here that the reason any of your posts have been
rejected, when a researcher's name was mentioned, was that the researcher in
question was actually contacted by the moderation team for confirmation
since the matter was controversial, and the researcher did not agree that
you were quoting or interpreting his/her words correctly or in context.

Some of us have a long memory, and can recall several occasions where you
named names, then were proven very wrong and had to back down, or fell
silent, but not until after you had drawn this list into disrepute among the
research community.  A researcher's reputation is his or her capital, and
most of us are very careful when naming names, not to draw them into
controversy, speculation, or quote any candid comments they might have made
to hypothetical or confidential discussions in private conversation.

FWIW, since you brought this up, you have been asked here on the list to
have the researcher in question verify your paraphrasing and
oversimplification of a very sensitive topic, some time back and have not
yet done so.

We are all still waiting.