Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2012 07:20:17 -0700
>>>  However glass jars to be reused for honey in Missouri need to go through a
dishwasher with 170F. water.sanitize not acceptable.

Could we go into more detail as to why such high temperatures are required to reuse jars (I'm thinking canning jars here) for honey?  How about the canning jars as they come out of the plastic wrapped cases in which they are shipped.  Why isn't the wash cycle in a dishwasher sufficient?  And, if one has the sanitizing option in their dishwasher, isn't the sanitizing process sufficient?  Just the wash cycle supposedly cleans eating utensils and dishes sufficiently to use for eating.  And, honey being the anti-bacterial substance it is, why wouldn't that, along with the cleaning cycle be adequate for reuse of glassware?

Mike in LA  (Thinking Jack Benny didn't have anything over in fiscal matters)