From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:55:35 -0500
With regard to a comparison between Alberta and Finland, Alan said "I see,
by the globe, however that even the southernmost portions of
Finland are north of Alberta, and even north of Canada's northernmost
(AFAIK) beekeeping."

Yep, most of Scandinavia is well north of what we would consider inhabitable
by all but Native Americans.  Some is north of Hudson's Bay!  The Gulf
Stream, carrying the warm Caribbean water to Europe's East Coast is
responsible for Europe's mild climate at latitudes we would expect to be
almost-tundra.

Lloyd
Lloyd Spear, Owner of Ross Rounds, manufacturer of comb honey equipment
for beekeepers and Sundance pollen traps.
http://www.rossrounds.com

 *****  BEE-L Archives contain almost two decades of beekeepers advising
beekeepers     *****
 *****  Although there are no format Frequently asked questions, any topic