From:
Randy Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2006 23:09:04 -0500
Hi All,
There are beekeepers offering hives at discount in Calif.  All it takes is a
few, and the word spreads among growers.  I was hoping that things would be
stable, but now don't know.

One buddy who has a few thousand very strong colonies called me today to ask
about the situation.  When I told him that growers only wanted to pay $125,
all he said was "I guess I'd better place my order for Hawaian queens."  In
other words, if that's all the grower is willing to pay, then he'll split
his colonies and rent more boxes at a lower rate."
Randy Oliver