From:
"James W. Hock" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 02:38:19 -0400
> If you don't have AHB, bees on chemically contaminated bees can be
> very agitated and defensive...

No, I'm not using chemicals.

> Not necessarily.  Kirk Webster successfully uses a set-up similar to
> yours.  Check in the recent issues of ABJ.

He brought his to one of our meetings, that is where I got the idea.  It's a
good idea.  Next year I'll try it again, only not so close to hives.  And
I'll figure out some form of robber screens.

>>>In the North East, how late in the year would you try to mate
> Queens?  Last year I had drones right up to Christmas.
>
> I am just south of you and can get queens mated through the 1st week
> in October.  The bees are just sealing up the last batch of queen

Good deal.  I have a couple of hives I want to break up into nucs after the
bamboo bloom.

Jim Hock
Wethersfield, CT.