Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 00:18:20 GMT
from my perspective, i got packages from 2 differant suppliers.  first shipment was supposed to be 5lb packages, what we got was 3lb packages.  second shipment was 3 weeks late.

so i would say:

"if a a queen/package supplier had been hit by CCD, they might have trouble filling their scheduled orders on time."

...and my 2 suppliers had trouble filling their scheduled orders on time.  obviously, there are always variables in getting packages, and i'm not in a panic that "because my packages were late, my supplier had ccd"...i'm not saying that at all...packages are often late and problematic.

what i'm concerned about is that a member of the ccd team has told us that they visited queen and package production facilities, and observed ccd "at a critical time"...which to me means, "when trying to fill orders", or "getting ready to fill orders".  common sense would indicate that such facilities should not be sending packages and queens around the county....unless the CCD team knows a cause, and knows that doing so won't "infect" other bees in areas where the packages and queens are shipped.

deknow

-- James Fischer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Sounds like a self-correcting "problem" to me.

If a queen/package supplier had been hit by CCD, they
would not have enough bees to meet orders, would they?